Thursday, April 30, 2015

The Life of an Adaptive Athlete (Me)



I was asked what the average life training looks like, well, I can only answer for myself. So I thought I'd lay out my daily schedule, workout routine etc.

First and for most: Prayer and meditation. Every morning I like to sit quietly and pray, I find that if I can center my mind and body on my faith and thankfulness. This often involves some quiet breathing and stretching.

After that I take some vitamins and protein shake, normally 2-3 scoops of whey protein, with fish oil.

Breakfast comes next, this normally consists of three eggs, veggies, fruit and coffee.

Being a full time college student my classes come before training, as such, I eat a mid day snack which normally a cliff bar of some kind with lots of water.

After classes and academics it's time to hit the gym. In terms of Jujitsu, I have to make it come to me. Often when I'm on campus that involves rolling with a friend or some students. Apart from grappling, I am a huge Crossfit supporter, which often is the WOD of the day for me.

I'm huge into power lifting and yoga. Sleep is huge too, I try to get to be very early (sometimes 9 PM on the dot). So there you have, this is my daily life.

Remember: sleep, nutrition and intense variant exercise.      

No comments:

Post a Comment