Monday, August 3, 2015

My Martial Arts Bio (In a Nut Shell)

Hello,
    My name is Brandon Ryan, I am a 30 year old martial artist who has Cerebral Palsy. The following few paragraphs will summarize my Martial Arts history and current endeavors.  I started my martial arts journey in the early 90’s along side my father (Guru Robert Ryan). We have had the amazing opportunity to train along side two of Bruce Lee’s original students (Guru Dan Inosanto and Sifu Larry HartSell), along side these two legends my father and I have spent time under the knowledge of grappling sensation Sensei Erik Paulson. Being that I was born with a condition  such as cerebral palsy, grappling became my first love, it wasn’t that I couldn’t understand elements of stand up fighting, I could explain and teach it well to able-bodied students, grappling however, was where I felt most comfortable, its where I excelled.
At present time, I am a 3rd stripe brown belt under my father, who also founded Lopaka Ryu martial arts, a conceptual systems that longs to promote personal liberation and expression among students. While simultaneously breaking away from any fixed patterns.
    Further more, I am a blue belt in 10th Planet Jiujitsu, under Eddie Bravo founder of 10th Planet Jiujitsu. I have been training under the 10th Planet banner for four years and have helped teach kids Jiujitsu and self defense classes. I am also a multiple time gold and bronze medal winner, most recently, I traveled all the way to New York, to compete in the first ever Grapplers Heart Jiujitsu tournament, a tournament dedicated to special needs grapplers. I am proud to say that I came home with a bronze medal and the fastest submission victory. When I am not training at 10th Planet Omaha, I am full time college student studying Psychology and teaching a self defense class on my college campus. I also am currently working on putting together self defense clinics for the special needs community under my own brand called Adaptive Defense.  In closing, here are the names of the instructors that I currently sit under.
Guro Robert Ryan, Lopaka  Ryu martial arts.
Sensei Derek Stewart, 10th Planet Jiujitsu Omaha
Coach Matthew Hester, wrestling coach, 10th Planet Jiujitsu Omaha
Adaptive Defense FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/selfdefensewithbrandonryan
Adaptive Defense Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3Cm2Op2AbnqitUT3okx-7A

No comments:

Post a Comment